Thursday 25 November 2010

The Fun Theory and happy installations.

The fun theory (http://www.thefuntheory.com/) was a massive inspiration to me prior to the presentations, making me think about public installations that encourage normal behaviour eg. putting litter in a bin, or obeying the speed limit, and make it fun - so it might brighten up someones day. The projects are results of a competition held each year, where people post their ideas and the winning entry gets made by the team.

I think the projects are fantastic:













This encouraged me to look for other interventions/installations that have been done that make people happy. I found this artist who released giant foam smileys into the sky on Southbank to try and make people happier:



I also found this project by http://www.smileforlondon.com/  - a competition to design films to be shown on the london underground screens:



As silly as it sounds I would like to impact people by increasing their happiness and encouraging inspiration and curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment