Friday 22 October 2010

2012 Time for change

I found the trailer for this film randomly on Itunes. I really really like the artwork. The idea behind the film is fantastic - looking at how we need to change our lifestyles to bring change in our environment.









I'm a big fan of colour. I don't know why, but I just love it, and I can't imagine a world without it. I think losing my sight would be one of the worst things for me. I wear a lot of bright colours - something i'm known for among my friends. I particularly love vibrant coloured paper and card - often investing in any I see. Paperchase is a goldmine for me. I can spend hours in there looking at paper. It is one of my obsessions.

I recently tried out laser cutting letters out of coloured card, loving the tactile feel of the little objects. I came across this work by Rob Ryan which I really love. The handcut, handmade effect gives the designs character and an innocence almost, allowing the person to be drawn into the little world thats depicted.




I really love the fairytale happiness, love and the little moments they represent.






No comments:

Post a Comment